Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Withdraw

I am going through extensive withdraw. I know I posted a few weeks ago about my broken camera. Well it is not really working, so I can not take pictures of my knitting projects. However, more importantly, I can not take pics of my daughters and lately they have been sooo cute together. Kennedy is getting older and more fun so she just laughs at her big sisters antics all the time. Her face lights up when she sees Katie, rolling herself to be close to her and grabbing her face for kisses. Too cute.

On the knitting front, I finished my first fair isle project, a hat. An easy pattern and free on line. I loved it and it was a lot of fun. http://freddyknits.blogspot.com/2005/03/beginners-fair-isle-baby-hat-free.html
As soon as Ken gets home I will take a picture with the iPhone camera so I can post it here. My older daughter took it as her own.
I am now making a quick umbilical hat for a friends son for her shower. I had put this off because I did not know how to do an Icord and was intimidated by it. Now that I have tried it I do not know why I waited so long it was really easy, I just followed directions word for word.

Well tonight it is off to make tea hats with my daughters daisy troop. This should provide a good photo laugh of me!

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I'm glad you are enjoying it. :) Your blog is pretty great too. :) Your daughters are SO adorable. My kids are my dogs so far and I LOVE black labs...especially my jackjack but they are all great. :) I'm impressed you are doing a fair isle project. I'm not there yet. Not sure I want to put down my socks for it yet I guess. :) Good luck with it and I've added you to my Google Reader so I'll be back! :)

PS...Have you thought about joining our Dogs on Thursdays?? :)

Happy Knitting