Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Senseless Violence Pisses Me Off!

This is not for the faint of heart or those in a happy mood:(
I AM REALLY ANGRY AT PEOPLE WHO THINK IT IS SPORT TO TAKE SOMEONES LIFE FOR FUN!

Yesterday two girls, who attend the school I work at, were shot by some people driving by in a car. Let me say( not that it matters) this did not take place in the center of the "hood" but in an upscale middle to high income area. The young girls are both good students at the school. One was shot in the leg and is doing fine except for the emotional scars she will have forever.
The other is in critical condition after being shot in the head.

I am horrified by this senseless act of needless violence. Do not even get me started on the cultural and other aspects of this event. I am saddened for these families torn apart by this incident.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow that is scary.
I agree and violence in general just gets to me.
I used to be a crisis counselor/family advocate for a women’s agency and seeing the different ways people can hurt each other finally got to me.
on a happier note...
You are all signed up for Dogs on Thursday!
Welcome!
:)