Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Monday, May 5, 2008

Trigger Finger...BANG BANG

Well, I have not been as busy knitting as I should be, however I am managing on knitting a pair of socks for Mom and the Sock of the month knit along for May.  My right hand has been acting funny, the ring finger.  I saw an Orthopedic doctor last week and now I have to have surgery for it.  I am putting it off till June 16th for the end of the school so my husband will not need to take time off work.  I have something commonly called trigger finger.  It has been bothering me for awhile but last year I though it was just a result of being pregnant.  That is not it, it is fairly common, easy to diagnose and is only a 5-10 minute surgical procedure.  However, it does take about 4-6 weeks to get back to normal.  I am not sure how this will effect my knitting:(

Now for the socks.....I am not quite done but I think they are coming along nicely.  I am using a worsted weight yarn for my Mom's socks.  Actually, she gave me the yarn.  It is from the sweater she had been knitting for my father to wear when he suddenly died.  She has finally gotten to the point that she could frog the knitted portion and be able to use it for other projects.  I decided she should have something from my dad's sweater as well...and that is how I decided to make her the socks.  I have been back and forth trying to name them for my ravelry queue and I believe I have come up with a  name (drum roll please)  Rays' sweater socks.

No comments: