Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Damn You, PIcot Edging!

Well, I have this great paperbag hat I made for Kennedy. I love the colors and the style, it also turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.  However it is supposed to have this cute picot edging on it.  I tried to do it myself, went online to get more instructions, googled it and  I also contacted my blogging friend down under(HEY Sue!) to see how she did it.  Alas, I have given up.  This is not Sue's fault her directions impeccable, so much so I even think I know how I am doing it wrong, I just can not figure out how to do it right!
Luckily my Mom will be here this weekend and she can teach me how to do it! YEAH MOM!
I also finished her Mother's Day gift in time for  her visit as well.  I got extra time because she was not going to be here till a week after Mother's Day!
Here they are:

1 comment:

Sue said...

The paper bag hat looks adorable, and I am sure she will wear it until you can get your mum to show the picot edging. Sorry my instructions didnt help you out, but at least once you master it you can knit sweaters that have them on it too.