Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Saturday, November 17, 2007

YEAH ME!!!!

Well I have been working on teaching myself to cable knit. It is a fairly easy pattern and as I have said before I have always been intimidated new stitches and harder patterns. Basically I am not a crafty person, my sister Sarah can quilt (smallest stitches in her class) sew (my Middle school sewing teacher gave me a C if I promised to stick with pillows and not sew...LOL) and Sarah makes fabulous food and especially cakes( I can burn cookies from a package). So for me to try a new type of stitch besides purl and knit was a bit overwhelming but when I saw newer knitters than me with exciting knitting projects I decided to try it out....
YES!!!! After ripping out my cable 6/8 scarf three times maybe 4 I have done it and am on a roll. It is not my best work the one edge looks a little loose and amateurish but the middle bears a good cable...I am even doing one in the front and one in the back. I will take a picture and post later but remember be kind in your thoughts and words when you look as it is my first attempt:)

No comments: