Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Friday, November 2, 2007

Weekly Posting Contest and Kickoff

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

For me it was an outward sign to others that I was grown up. I started drinking it in college b/c my boyfriend and friends did. When we would go out to Denny's late at night we would get coffee because it was cheap and you could sit there as long as you wanted and get free refills. As an additional benefit, drinking caffeniated coffee was a great way to stay up all night to study and hang out with friends. Of course I have loved coffee ice cream since early childhood:)

I also love the smell of coffee shops.... coffee brewing it makes me feel warm and safe.....however unbelievable to me my husband hates coffee and the smell!!!!How can anyone hate the smell of coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I was wondering if anyone else would have the Denny's memories I do. That's exactly how we spent time in high school and after high school hanging out.. Denny's makes some pretty decent coffee, but man do I feel for those waitresses!