Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Knitting

Okay, so I am trying out this new stitch, to try and learn it, but alas, I keep screwing it up. I think this may be because my 5 year old interrupts me and I forget what row I am on and then I purl when I should have knit. Then I try to rip out the row and reverse it but it still looks screwed up....so now I have ripped out the entire thing for the third time but I am determined!!!!! The sad part...till I lost track through the pesky distractions for minor things such as food (or yesterday...Mommy I think I have to throw up:) or feeding a baby...it was looking FABULOUS!!!!! So sad....
On the humorous side...I fell again this time at the local post office. Yesterday I was walking out carrying the huge and cumbersome baby carrier when I fell...Nothing new to my family,I fall all the time. In fact, when I told my husband he asked what I was thinking about:)
This happens to me often, usually I start thinking of other things: what I have to clean, how broke I feel, the book I am reading, how I could have screwed up my knitting...and then bang I fall....Those who know me often see the blank look and know a fall is imminent.
However the kind elderly gentleman at the PO was so worried he walked me out and down the stairs telling me to please be careful on the steps...LOL and he was 80 if he was a day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to report that I don't fall, but just feel 'blank'. I've been doing the finish and rip with a pair of socks for a little someone in my house. I have to do it one more time - just the last couple rows, but it gets so frustrating - and I'm just doing straight stockinette.
Your coffee swap pal

Knitting Keep Me sane said...

Nothing new you falling. I think youe feet and legs should bend certian ways so you do not break anything anymore. LOL

Sarah