Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Saturday, February 16, 2008

American Girl Poncho and Cabled Coffee Cup Hand Warmer

I finished the American Girl Poncho. This was a really quick knit, which is good for me because I have a 6 month old and a 5 year old so interruptions are constant!!! My daughter has reported to me that Molly (the doll) loves it. It matches Katie's shaw fabric but hers is a more involved pattern from Berrocco. The yarn is the lullaby yarn I had left over from her shaw. My Mom was supposed to make the American Girl shaw but she never got around to it....So, I decided to use up the remainder. I now remember what a horrible yarn I find this to work with as it gets runs and pulls and is in general a PAIN IN THE ASS.  Of course the LYS nazi told me she NEVER has a problem with it. I say good for her feel free to use it all you want!

I also made the very quick and fun to knit cabled coffee cup hand warmer. I used a beautiful purple cotton synthetic and it was so much fun to knit!!!!  It was done in an evening and makes a great gift!   I will be making more.  You can find the pattern
at Pippis Knits Stockings:http://aproudusafwife.blogspot.com/2007/11/cabled-coffee-and-hand-warmer.html
She has several cool patterns. Check it out!


No comments: