Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Monday, September 22, 2008

Shhh......Knitting in Progress

I have said before I love to make hats for kids, adults, too for that matter. I like projects that are portable, and provide almost instance gratification. I like longer projects, as well; however with the recent rash of babies in my world, I have had to interrupt other projects to knit some shower and new baby presents. I would really like to finish Kennedy's dress Knit sundress ,
but now I have a football hat, plus a Christmas snowman hat to make. Additionally, I need to knit some dishcloths for my swap partner. I found a cute pumpkin and am knitting the ball band cloth, which is a lot of fun and much easier than I thought it would be, for some reason I built it up to be a hard to knit object!


I made the star hat for my cousin Karen. We grew up together and had to band together to survive her brother and my sister. Jason and Sarah could be a dangerous combo growing up and the only way Karen and I could get around being tortured was to hang together! I am soooo excited for her and her husband Dave! They have wanted this for a long time and will make great parents, not to mention my one of my favorite Aunts, Maggie, will be a fabulous grandmother! (Aunt Carol is my other favorite, hey, I am not getting in trouble----she is already a wonderful Grandma!)


Finally, I really want to finish this bag for Fall,
and since it is here today! I am really running behind, UGH!!!!! My mom gave me the bag, one of the purse of the months fromPatternowrks.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Such a cute hat. I cant wait to see the snowman one and the football one too. Good luck with all the knitting on your list too.