Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hats Hats and More Hats

Okay, I will admit it, I can not stop making cute baby hats. At this point, as the mother of a 10 month old baby it is not such a bad thing, however, I do need to get some other projects finished! Namely, some socks I started in this lovely lilac bamboo yarn. I think part of the problem with the socks is my trigger finger, the yarn is very slippery and it gets very difficult and uncomfortable for my finger. For this reason, I have been switching projects, but I would really like to get these socks done! Maybe after my surgery on the 16th things will be easier.

I have finished two really cute hats recently. My cousin Becky is having a baby in November so I have already finished the Bunny Tails hat. Kennedy is modeling it and since it is made for a new born it is slightly small.



I have also finished my part of William's Birthday cake hat, in this picture it is not quite complete but my model is sleeping and the other is at school, so I will display the work in progress picture. My Mom is going to add the crocheted blue icing edging to the hat. It was very easy, knit in a day or so and I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I am too nervous to screw it up with trying out my crochet technique, so I am deferring to my Mother's experience so as not to ruin the hat for William's special day in June!

Finally, a picture of my Katie wearing her newly acquired snorkel gear! I threw in the picture not because it has anything to do with knitting, (more about not being able to knit:) but becuase she would not be happy if I only had pictures of her sister!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Cute hats, you have been busy.