Two August Girls

A Blog about reading and everything else.....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally Done

Katie has been asking for a hat of her own,and since I have made several for her little sister it was time for a hat of her own.   I decided to use the Ribbons pattern in Itty Bitty hats and modify it to fit her head, age , and personality.  I love the colors and the way it has turned out!


 
As you can see, the reason it took me so long, was because the begining of August is filled with birthdays: Kennedy the 6th, and then Katie on the 10th!  She had a great time as you can see from the pictures.  Her cake turned out just the way she wanted it, and everyone seemed to have a fabulous time/a>
I am now going to get started on this dress for Kennedy
My Mom sent me the yarn as a present for Kennedy.  We decided to use a violet and white combination instead of the colors shown.
 I just got the yarn today and the colors look sooo yummy! I know Kennedy will love it!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Katie. The hat is so adorable, and green and brown always look great together. I love all her curls too, so jealous. I love the dress, what a cute pattern. Is it cotton ease that your using.